Friday, March 9, 2018

Trying new things

Duck is delicious. Today I treated myself to something new. Actually two things. A ginger martini and duck curry. I've had martinis and I've had curry but these combinations and this location are new. When things get tough for me the chaos of change is the only reprieve. Dying hair used to be my therapy or adding a new piercing. My job is a lot of work with how I've been feeling. Like connections are just a thing on TV. Friends don't exist it's only random conversations. Temporary interactions. As much as I ruminate on my mistakes you'd think I should follow my own advise. Yet the tension in my body, the PTSD muscle memory, doesn't get to dictate what I do or think about. I can treat myself. I work hard for it. Don't be afraid to be nice to you. It's essential for healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment