Thursday, May 8, 2014

To quote or not to quote...

'Conflict breeds creativity', the writers on House sure know something about the human condition. If you want to radically changed the landscape, what better way then a tornado? It's felt like a whirlwind within and without ripping apart the walls inside of which I stagnated during my fall into a state of spiritual sleep. I've known from a young age that 'There is no progress without struggle'. I embraced my madness and using meditation and art I really came into my own. Then tragedy struck, the fall back into this reality of only three dimensions was painful and I had to endure it while my healing began.
More recently I have been metaphorically poking around inside my psyche to break up all of the blocks I developed during those hard times. I began this process after my physical health was finally ready to support it. I then started to feel a drive and passion for making art again.  It has flooded me with feelings, emotions pains, and various sensations and extremes.  Someone once said 'the only way out is through'.  I'm going to have to feel this in order to process it.  Luckily my desire to draw is one of the first things that came back to me when I finally began this self examination. I need to process these experiences in my art as I used to in the past.
I've lived my entire life as a tortured artist. I know pain, I've felt it to its depths where it cracks the foundations of this material illusion and find that it stems from a source that is not feeling or being but knowing. Understanding developed, a higher sense of awareness, I danced through life on the edge of chaos until I crashed downward, now I am ready to begin that dance again.
There is no better time then now, now is the moment to make the right changes for the better. Not just for myself, but for all the children of the Earth. To throw a lessor known quote out there, 'success is only how high you bounce once you hit bottom'... and I'm not done yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment