Saturday, February 22, 2014

Plugged In

http://foxydreamweaver.deviantart.com/gallery/

I've been noticing a majority of the people around me are plugged in almost all the time. Being aware and present in the waking world has become a lonely place even when in public.  There really is no one to talk to, they are all having a conversation on facebook or some other time consuming meme sharing place. No one is even coming up for air.

I'm glad I'm no longer engaged in this way, I've devoted myself to pursuing more intellectual pursuits when engaged with the internet. Finding forums about topics that interest me, contributing to sites I lost touch with such as Deviant Art. Avoiding places where people go to chit chat, try to hook up, and complain about not having some perfect movie made life.

These days I'm talking to paper with my pen, listening to authors as my inner voice speaks their words.  It's an inspiring place, but it's made of ink, paper and my mind.  There aren't living things here except when I dream. That's when I interact with others.

In the end it's always their decision whether to take the red pill or the blue pill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment